Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Very Late May Birch Box Review

Wow, look at me being super behind. My life is always pretty hectic and now that summer is here things get kicked into an especially high gear. I was looking at my calendar the other day and I have two free weekends between now and the middle of September. BANANAS.

I am expecting now that my hiking blog is caught up again, that I'll be able to focus a bit more on my makeup blog. I've got something that I'm particularly excited for coming up. In particular I just ordered my first air brush system so that's exciting! And there's the July MUG competition so fun stuff!

Anyway onto the very late review (I'll get June's up by the end of this week).

Amika Nourishing Mask $40/500mL
Very creamy and my hair definitely liked it. Nice scent. Overall a very good product. It's really hard for me to judge these because I haven't had a hair cut in so long, any good product just sort of masks damage at this point. I really need to get that taken care of.

Coola Moisturizer $32
I took this moisturizer with me backpacking recently and loved it. It has a really fresh, cool, cucumber scent. It is also really light weight, non greasy and seemed to last on my skin, despite my activity level, really well. The size of the sample bottle and the SPF 30 also made it pretty much ideal for what I was doing.

Sumitra Pencils $11
Super smooth, creamy pencil. I got the one in black and have been using it quite a bit, I used it to hash out the details on this look, and have been really pleased with it’s lasting power. Even though it’s creamy it doesn’t melt down your face like a lot of soft pencils do. There’s a lot of variety in the colors and I’ll probably end up investing in a few more of these.

Runa Guayusa Tea $7
Tasty! I especially like the ginger citrus tea. Excellent flavors, and I love that it's organic and full of antioxidants. I’ve been dieting and herbal tea in the evening is an awesome way for me to deal with my overactive sweet tooth. This stuff is full of caffeine though so if you’re particularly sensitive don’t drink too close to bedtime.

Marvis Mint Toothpaste in Classic Mint $10.50
I also took this backpacking (I couldn’t find my normal toiletries bag), really bright minty flavor. Very foamy, which was sort of weird for me since normally when I backpack I use all natural toothpaste, which isn’t formulated with sulfates (the ingredient that makes shit foamy). Still I think that it’s a nice toothpaste. I straight up love the retro, apothecary packaging. That being said I don’t think I’ll ever be spending $10.50 on toothpaste in spite of the positives with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment