Thursday, August 15, 2013

August MUG Competition Face Chart

So I'm really excited about this month's Makeup Geek challenge. The theme is metallic, and I knew that everybody and their mom is doing to do some sort of metallic smokey eye or whatever. So I decided I really wanted to do something different. I started talking with Chris about some ideas and he suggested Borg implants as inspiration, which I thought was brilliant. So I started doing some brainstorming, and I just felt like I wouldn't be able to do Borg implants justice without creating a prosthetic, and I just don't have much experience doing that. So I starting thinking, what else would be cool....

I was cruising around the internet and saw an interview with the guy who did the makeup FX for Terminator. Oooo! I could do metallic bones and maybe do some latex tear aways, but then I realized I don't have any good silver pigments that would or paints that would work well for silver bones.

Ok, so I have some gold and bronze pigments, when I think of those colors, what comes to mind? Jewelry... Nope. Watches... Hmmm. GEARS!!! EFF. YES.




 Initially I was still thinking of getting some liquid latex and making tear aways, but I think I'm just going to draw them. and then do a little bit of shading to make it look like the skin is raised up.

No comments:

Post a Comment