Thursday, July 28, 2011

BIrchbox July


So I know this is a little late in the month, but it took me a while to try out one of the products and I didn't want to write my review until I had tried all the products for an extended period. Okay on to my review!

ybf Brow Pencil - This is probably my favorite thing that came in this box. I have suuuuuper light eyebrows, and finding a product that works with them is difficult. I've always used powders (the lightest duo from Anastasia), but I don't have a brow gel (I know, really need to get that), powder without brow gel = no staying power. Pencils are a typically a little more waxy which is great because they keep the hairs in place and the color doesn't rub off as easily. That being said, it's a teeny bit darker than I'm used to, but I'm already getting more used to it after just a week of using it.

Philosophy Purity Facial Cleanser - I've been wanting to try this cleanser for a while, I'm not really happy with my current cleanser, and have been looking at switching it up. I had tried Hope in a Jar, which is the moisturizer, and I really liked it so I had pretty high hopes for Purity. I have to say, I'm kind of disappointed. It is supposed to be a cleanser/makeup remover/toner all in one, I get the toner part, there's definitely some witch hazel or something in there that smells a little astringent-y, but I don't necessarily feel like my face is particularly clean, and it doesn't really remove my make up that well. If it was a little cheaper ($32 for a 16oz bottle) I might consider replacing my current cleanser, but as it is I think my search will have to continue.

Korres Guava Shower Gel - I'm a little on the fence on this product. It's moisturizing capability is moderate, and since I tend towards dry skin I prefer a very moisturizing shower gel. It lathers well. It smells good, like fruit and spices on a hot day, but only in the shower... 20 minutes after I'm out it's gone. I know that some people don't like the smell of their soap to stay, but since I only wear perfume on the weekends/evenings/every once in a while during the week, I like my shower products to have a little bit of staying power.

Redken Shine Flash 02 Glistening Mist - So I was kind of bummed that I got this instead of the dry oil, but I still like the product. My hair is already very shiny. I use Got2B Smooth Operator Hair lotion twice a week and a blow out lotion/heat proctectant, and between the two my hair is quite shiny, so I certainly don't need this on a day-to-day basis. I think this would be great for structured up-do's. Since all that teasing and styling can make your hair a little dull looking, but I don't think this product is going to make it into my regular routine.

Overall I give this Birchbox a B-/C+

It was passable, but I really only loved one of the products.

No comments:

Post a Comment