Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Late June Favorites

So if you read the previous post you know that I've been struggling a bit with my balance between make-up and work. Keeping that in mind, my favorites for June are going to be a little short, but I'm looking forward to some up-tempo for July and August.

On to the Faveys!

June for me has been all about the face. I've been neglecting eye makeup and playing around with contouring, highlighting and blush. I'm going to also include some hair products that I love, some are not so new but they deserve a mention!

Makeup
Laura Geller Blush-n-Brighten in Honey Dipped -- This came in my June Birchbox, and I've literally spent the month totally in love with it. I think I've worn it on my cheeks for most of the month. On Birchbox they claim that it looks good all over the face. I disagree. I think the sparkle is a little chunky for that, but I love it as a peachy blush with a summery golden shimmer.

Milani HD Concealer -- I have been looking for this product forever. It's almost an exact dupe for YSL Touche Eclat at about 1/4 of the price (~$10 vs $40). I have pretty dark circles under my eyes and it helps get rid of them really well.

Hair Products (read: Got2B)
Got2B Guardian Angel Blow Dry Lotion -- I have noticed such a huge difference in my hair since I started using this stuff. It's the second biggest difference I've noticed since I stopped washing my hair every day. Yeah, that big. I blow dry my hair pretty much every day, and flat iron it almost that much. This stuff is pretty cheap (under $10) and does a pretty fabulous job.

Got2B Smooth Series -- Twice a week (the days I shampoo) I use Got2B Smooth Operator Lustre Hair Lotion, which is a lotion. I apply both to damp hair. My hair is shiny, with no frizz and fewer fly-aways. Not to get crazy, but the Got2B Smooth hair spray is pretty awesome also. Good hold without being stiff and crunchy, great for everyday hair styles.

Got2B Rockin' It Dry Shampoo -- This is my first Dry Shampoo and I think I'm in LOVE. I used it for the first time a few weeks ago, my hair was still styled from the night before but had become kind of greasy over night. A few sprays, quick shake PRESTO! Not to mention that compared to most of the dry shampoo's I've seen, this leave relatively little residue, smells good, and is CHEAP. LOOOOVE!

My TokiDoki Flat Iron! Okay, I bought this in May but I love it! It's wicked cute and leaves my hair so straight and shiny! LOVELOVELOVE!

I think that's it... I'm going to try and do some fun design stuff for these, but that probably won't go up for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment