Sunday, August 28, 2011

FOTD: Katie Comes Over and Leaves with Dewey Skin and Golden-Coppery Eyes

 One of my co-workers recently got married, one of my friends at work wanted me to do her makeup for the wedding. She came over and I had so much fun doing her makeup. Nobody ever lets me play with them anymore. :(

Normally Katie doesn’t wear much makeup so I wanted to keep things pretty simple so it wasn’t overwhelming for her. Also, since it’s a summer wedding I focused mainly on the skin so that she would look dewy and have a lot of golden peachy tones. In order to get that dewy look I applied SIRCUIT Cosmeceuticals Molecular Mist and Olay moisturizer before the primer and foundation went on. She doesn’t do lipstick so I let her borrow a peach lipgloss from ELF (not pictured).

Because she wanted mostly of natural looking makeup I had to do some improvising, since for some reason I don’t have a brown pencil right now (WTF?). So I put down a layer of brown liquid liner and then covered it with NYX jumbo eye pencil in Gold, the greasiness helped smudge it out. Unorthodox maybe, but it got the job done. I told her that I was going to do a little pop of color underneath to bring out her eyes a little better. So I used one of my all time favorite MAC colors, Tilt. It's a super pretty blue with green duo chrome. Overall I think the finished look turned out really well.

Eyes:
Brown Prestige Liquid Eyeliner
NYX Jumbo Eyeliner Pencil in Gold
Lancome Colorfocus Duo in Suntouched
MAC Eye Shadow in Tilt
ELF Mineral Eyeshadow in Golden and Innocent (brow highlight)
I don't know what kind of mascara she used, it was her own and I didn't apply it....

Face:
Smashbox PhotoFinish Primer
CoverGirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation in Aspen
L’oreal Translucent Loose Powder
Laura Geller Blush n’ Brighten in HoneyDipped
ybf Brow Pencil in Taupe

No comments:

Post a Comment