Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Product Review: Blinc Eyeliner

“There’s nothing wrong with having a good cry or a spontaneous swim, but you need the right products to avoid total makeup meltdown. This eyeliner is unlike all others —instead of painting on a line, it actually forms a water-resistant layer that won’t smudge or run. (Really! We tested it.) If you have sensitive eyes, wear contact lenses or just need your liner to last you through the day (and night), this is your new go-to.”

I’m sort of on the fence about this eyeliner. I had a bunch of birch box points so I got it for $4 instead of $24 and I think if I had paid that much I would be more disappointed. As it stands it was $4 and it won’t be the end of my life, I’ll just keep shopping around for a liquid eyeliner I really like.

Today I might have been having a bad makeup day. It happens to the best of us. But Blinc certainly didn’t help ease my frustration. I have always had a really hard time getting eyeliner to stay in the inner corner of my upper lid, and today it was an absolute disaster. The formula is really wet and takes some extra time to dry, today my eyes watered, the liner got in my eyes, smeared everywhere, irritated my eyes more which made them water more… you see where this is going? At one point I turned my hairdryer on my face in an attempt to get the liner to dry before it smeared all over the place. Not too much luck with that strategy. Eventually I gave up and lined my inner corner with pencil liner and set it with black shadow. I still missed my bus to work.

That being said there are some definite positives to this product. It really does last all day, and the brush is really small which makes application relatively easy, even if you want to do a small line, which can be tricky with other applicators. It has some serious staying power, and is very black, both excellent. The only negative that I have experienced so far, aside from this morning’s melt down, is that if you get it in your eyelashes it’s difficult to apply your mascara in that spot without it clumping really badly.

2 comments:

  1. Is it very hard to take off? I find a lot of waterproof eyeliners stain my lids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not super hard to take off. I rub my eyes lightly while I'm washing my face and it comes right off. I also can't imagine it would stain since it's not a "paint" like most eyeliners.

    ReplyDelete